The main technology of joining PE-Xc and PE-RT pipes of the KAN-therm Push system is a clamping technology using an axially pushed-on brass ring. The connection is made by pushing the flared pipe end onto a connector and next pushing on a clamping ring onto this connection. The pipe material is pressed into the connector notches, i.e. the connection is sealed on its entire surface thus a prefect leak-tightness and a long life are guaranteed. This technology does not require any additional seals such as O-rings. There is one more advantage to it, it is not affected by human errors.
1. Cut a PE-Xc or a PE-RT pipe at a straight angle to the axis to a required length with a scissors for plastic pipes.
2. Put a ring onto a pipe with the chamfer to the front of the fitting.
3. Fit a head of a proper diameter onto a battery driven or manual expander. Expand the pipe with an expanding tool in three steps.
4. Directly (!) after belling the tube push a connector into the last boss at the end of a stub pipe of a fitting (do not push the tube all the way to the fitting flange!)
5. Prior to the pushing step fit the jaws of the press with the right inserts. Push the ring with a hand press (5a) or a foot-driven hydraulic press (5b) or a battery driven press. Fittings can be caught only by their flanges. Do not push on two rings at the same time.
6. The connection is now ready for the pressure test